If you want your vacations to run smoothly and without problems, you should think ahead of any possible situations that might happen to you when travelling. Most of unpleasant situations are caused by lack of knowledge, therefore it is essential to take all the necessary precautions before coming to a foreign country.
Find below few tips which may be helpful for tourists who would like to travel to Canada:
1. Check whether there are any travel alerts or travel warnings concerning Canada. Remember, that sometimes there are emergency cases, connected with the risk of the terrorist attack or occurrence of natural disasters, which may affect your travel plans.
2. Make sure that you are familiar with all the restrictions that Canada imposes on travellers. This applies particularly to local customs, law, system of medical care, visa policy and restrictions imposed on goods that can be brought to Canada.
3. Check the exchange rate and notify your bank about your travel to avoid problems with payments.
4. Always have the address of the embassy of your country in Canada which offers professional help in case of emergency.
5. Check the validity of your passport and eTA (remember that eTA Canada is valid for a period of 5 years or until you passport expires) – you can aplly for an ETA by our website https://etacanadaonline.com.
6. Take notice from your doctor about medication you need to take (some medicines may be forbidden at the territory of Canada).
If you make sure that you have followed all the above guidelines, you can enjoy safe and trouble-free journey to Canada.