Travelling may be expensive, but with proper planning and attitude you may save both much money and time. To visit many amazing places you do not have to spend all the money. Just that you know how to travel cheaply and safely.
Canada is a special country, where you do not have to spend thousands US dollars to have fun and see the most beautiful places in the world. Below there are some advices from famous, experienced traveller, which will help you save money:
1. Travel in cheapest seasons – flights, accommodation, food and other services may be cheaper even by 50% in low season. Also pay attention to time of the week, flights tend to be much cheaper in the middle of the week than on the weekend.
2. Combine different flights – direct flights are convenient, but if you are on a tight budget, you should mix different companies and choose indirect flights, which tend to be much cheaper.
3. Pre-book hotels and flights – if you plan your journey in advance you may save a lot of money, all you need to do is to find first minute offer that suits your needs.
4. Reduce baggage fees – take only necessary things and go for a mini versions of products which are perfect way to save money on extra luggage charges. Weigh your cases before you go home to make sure that you are below the limit required by the airport.
5. Try home swaps – there are many internet platforms offering safe and easy home swaps, which are probably the cheapest way possible to find accommodation in Canada. If this solution is not particularly your style, you may also look for private rooms or hostels.
6. Cook your own food – eat like locals and try to cook your own food instead buying meals in restaurants. This may be a great way to save some money for additional attractions in Canada.